Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Make Your Morning Easier

It's Monday night. Which means a couple things in my house. 
1. Monday Night Football for the hubby
2. Cooking the usual Steak and Chicken on the George Foreman for dinner

Today's post is inspired by my forced weekday morning ritual. I've adopted a few morning habits that have helped me streamline my work week and cut down on a.m. stresses.

I've decided to share these tips with all of you because they have saved me more than a few times and I hold them very dear:







Wash Locks Before Bed
I cannot remember the last time I woke up early enough to wash my hair before work. Instead, what I do is shower and blow out my hair at night, follow up with root lifting spray, and dry shampoo. Then in the a.m. for my morning shower I wrap my hair in a high bun, then cover with a shower cap. That way, my strands stay dry and all I have to do is blow it out with a round brush to work the kinks out and voila! I'm ready for the day!






"No Makeup" Makeup
I do this for a number of reasons. Not only is it super easy in the morning, but it looks so natural and really lasts all day.
Here's how I do it:
1. wash & tone face
2. moisturize
3. primer
4. light application of undereye concealer
5. pat & blend with foundation brush
6. spray with a hydrating facial mist
7. pat with foundation brush
8. powder ONLY areas that tend to get oily & shiny throughout the day
9. a couple sweeps of bronzer for color
10. one sweep of blush on apples of cheeks
11. spray again with facial mist
12. pat again with foundation brush
all done!!!






Pull it Back
Don't feel like going all out and styling, straightening, or curling your hair????? Wrap it in a chic messy bun and pair it with a headband to keep the fly aways out of your face all day! :)






Set & Tag Your Outfits 
I swear by this one. I don't have a very hard time styling in a time crunch, but the biggest problem is making the decision! So every Sunday, I set out blouses and/or dresses for the next work week so I'm not scrambling in the morning. There's really no sense in laying out accessories or shoes because that just sort of happens as I'm getting dressed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment