Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Kiss & Make-Up


This is my daily morning cosmetics routine and the exact products that I use each day.

1. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfecter
Unless I am going on a date with the husband or getting ready for a photoshoot.. I rarely wear liquid foundation.. Instead I prefer to use this concealer under my eyes to camouflage my dark circles, and the highlighter on the apples of my cheeks and the bridge of my nose to give me a light glow. 
(as you can see - each side has its own applicator - but I've found that using a foundation brush to blend is more effective and gives a more natural finish)


2. Physician's Formula Multi-Colored Powder Palette Corrector - Green
After the highlighter/concealer duo, I apply this green color corrector all over my face to neutralize redness. The original compact does come with a small flat applicator brush.. but I prefer to use a full face powder brush instead.


3. Almay Bright Eyes Eye Base & Concealer
After the green color corrector powder, I apply a small about of this lightweight concealer/base on any remaining red marks, blemishes, or scars, and blend with a foundation brush.


4. Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder
After the lightweight concealer, I brush a thin layer of this matte powder all over my face - I use a large face brush for the application.


5. L'oreal H.I.P. Bronzing Powder
After the matte pressed powder, I apply bronzer to the hollows of my cheeks, under my jaw line, my temples, and the sides of my nose with an angled blush brush. 


6. Cover Girl Cheekers Blush
After I contour with bronzer, I apply blush to the apples of my cheeks with a small kabuki brush.


7. Milani Brow Fix Kit
After I apply my blush, I move on to my eyes. First, filling in my brows. I choose the darkest color in this palette and apply with an angled eye contour brush. In addition to filling my brows I also pull the brush out past the tail ends to make them look longer. 


8. Maybelline Expert Wear Eye Shadow Trio in Bronze Haze
After brows, I move on to shadowing my eyes. I brush the pale gold color on the entire eye area up to my brows, I use bronze to shade the lid, and brown to contour the crease. And since I hate the little sponge applicators that come with this trio, I prefer to use an all-over-eyeshadow brush instead.


9. Avon Glimmersticks Eye Liner - Blackest Black
After I shadow my eyes, I prep my liquid liner by applying black pencil to my top lid.


10. L'oreal Precision Liquid Eyeliner - Black
After I prep with black pencil, I top it off with black liquid liner - drag the brush at the end of the eye just a bit for the perfect winged cat-eye effect.


11. L'Oreal Bare Naturale Mascara - Black
After the eye liner, I curl my lashes, apply one coat of mascara, let them dry for a bit, then I curl them again.


12. L'Oreal So-Lo Lower Lash Mascara - Black
Apply the lower lash mascara to bottom lashes - the bristles are the perfect size! No Mess Application!!!


13. Blistex Complete Moisture Lip Protectant/SPF 15
Not only to I apply this lip balm when I finish with my make up - I carry this product with me and re-apply all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment