Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

BB Cream for Fair Skin??

Being fair skinned is a challenge when it comes to cosmetics.. In my case, the issue lies with the never ending search for the perfect foundation. (to give you a visual.. I'm lighter than MAC NC15). Not only do I have to find a product light enough to match my skin, but I also have to find something that will not oxidize as the day goes on; The only thing worse then mismatched foundation, is orange foundation.
Now, women with dry or normal skin types don't have to worry as much about oxidation because their sebum production is dramatically less then those with oily skin types (obviously).
How many times have you purchased a foundation from a make up counter because it offered flawless coverage and matched like a dream? Only to be left with something that gradually darkened as the day went on? ... I don't even want to think about how much money I've spent on thousands of products and formulas trying to find something that suited me.. which brings me to my blog topic and product review: BB Creams
I recently ordered a variety sample pack from Amazon.com of Super+ BB Creams. I've seen so many reviews on youtube that sang the praises of BB Creams that I had to see the effects for myself.
The sample pack includes 5 different BB Creams. The one I tried first, and am blogging about today, is the Super+ Triple Function BB Cream from Skin79. This product retails for about $20.

Upon reviewing this product, I feel that it's a total win; It's a perfect match for my fair skin, it doesn't hide my freckles, it provides medium coverage, it's easy to blend and offers buildable coverage, it's not heavy, and it doesn't oxidize by the end of the day. (the cream has a grey hue upon dispensing, but blends out during application.)
I've been wearing this BB Cream for the last 2 days and haven't noticed a single negative. I shouldn't tell you this, but I also accidentally slept in it the first night of use(I know.. bad girl) and didn't wake up with any angry blemishes! Bonus!
If you have been struggling as I have, then I strongly encourage you to purchase this sample pack. It also eases some of the stress involved with purchasing a product without access to a make up counter. You can test drive the product for two days before making a decision and committing to the larger purchase.
These BB Creams are also "universal" and "one size fits all", so being able to try them out will greatly decrease the amount of guess work.
I applied the BB Cream as I would with any other foundation; I dotted the product along my T-Zone and blended it in with my fingers. Simple! And as I mentioned earlier, this BB Cream is very light, I don't feel like I'm wearing a mask all day, it lets my freckles show through, it blends beautifully, and I can wear it all day (in the heat) without my face turning orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment